Skip to main content

My New Found Love: - What shall thy name be???

I count myself lucky having met her one sunny day near the place I presently stay. I purely attribute it to the destiny or the fate we shared since it was the invisible string of love and passion that brought us together. None would dare to agree to believe me that she just decided to stay with me midway in Chukha in her journey to Thimphu, having consulted neither her parents nor anyone who took her care. So bold she is, is she? If ever I have been waiting for the fresh love, it was she who would give me the correct doze.

"Lucky girl she is!"

We have now developed so much of attachment that we can hardly think of time away from each other. We love each other so much that we eat together in same plate, sleep in one bed, go for evening walk and literally do everything together. What love is this if it is not one genuine one? The time I have to be in office is the time I miss her most while she stay at home, sleeping all day till I return home. Lucky girl she is!

She eats the food I prepare for ourselves, help her take shower and prepare bed. She literally does nothing for me rather than just sleep on the bed all day. I never mind because I love her so much. But she does me one important thing. She wakes me up early to accompany her to toilet and this is how she helps me rise early. I am grateful to her for that.

"It was the destiny that asked me to look at it?"

But going back to how I met her, I was just baking in the autumn sun outside my residence. With my bare chest surrendered to the morning glow of nature, I was reading the novel. As usual, the T/phu – P/ling highway remained busy with traffic on constant move. Did I somehow notice the Army truck whiz below or is it the colossal howl of this uniformed man that attracted my attention or was it the destiny that asked me to look at it?
   
The Saktiman (army truck) loaded with camouflaged goods sped away and from among these camouflaged man fell on road, my frail love. I instinctively went near her with the proposal to stay with me and she faithfully accepted my proposal. She now serves me as a friend with whom I talk, friend who joins me for evening stroll, and interesting of all someone who wakes me up early morning (I don’t get late to office anymore or she saved me from early morning fire)
  
"I temporarily call her “Puppy” but I know she is more than that"

But one thing that worries me is, she never revealed her name or identity. With whatever name I call her, she just wigs her tail and that is one thing that really perplex me. I know she would have preferred to tell me her name but she just couldn’t. I temporarily call her “Puppy” but I know she is no more that little puppy. But in my quest to call her by those English name, we just agreed ourselves with it. But I am not yet satisfied with it.

So, here is the help I am asking from the folk to name her those English name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love for a Days’s Trip

‘To meet, to know, to love and to depart is the law of life’ someone has said it. We rally with strangers and people we have never known before in homes, schools, institutions and other public gatherings because we are born in different places. When we meet the strangers, we make friends with some of them and sometime we fall in love with few of them especially the young guys and ladies. We remains committed and dedicated to friendship or loveship, whatever the relationship you are sharing. But for how long? You got to ask yourself. One fateful day, you find that you are departing from your friend or lover going away to find your own friend, your own lover and your own foes. Ofcourse, it hurts so much but it is a law the life has framed and you ought to obey it. And if you don’t keep in contact through all possible means, it is much easier to forget. While traveling in the bus, you share the seats with someone especially with spinsters and you introduce, talk and become friend and s

A Long, long, long journey to Education

“Root of the education is bitter but the fruit is sweet” no one would know about it better than Kado. The fatigue of having to toddle to the school, fever of unending exams, the torture of having to burn the midnight oil, dozing in classes and the stern rigors are hard to endure, few even give up on the way but many endure it with utmost determination and commitment, because deep inside everyone knows it pays later. “Root of the education is bitter but the fruit is sweet” no one would know about it better than Kado Kado in the tender age of 12 is negotiating the lazily meandering footpath along the steep mountain. His school bag, full of books, pulls him back. His black naughty boy school shoe is all soiled, indication of how many times he has trudged that same footpath. He is on his way to the primary school in his village, almost 5 kilometers away. He has to make sure he is in the school before morning social work starts; else he gets penalized. Unlike the students who reside nearb

Defining Tsa-Wa-Sum in One’s own Perspective

If I am asked, I would boldly answer, “The Tsa-Wa-Sum is “Gyeb, Gyelkhab and Meser”, (King, Country and People). But not everyone knows about what tsa-wa-sum is. Hence, when the superior ask them, they are left to conceive their own tsa-wa-sum. Once a meeting was convened by the Dzongdag. In a large congregation of illiterate rural people, the Dzongdag thundered, “do you know what tsa-wa-sum is?” “Can anyone from the crowd tell me?” The crowd went to pin drop silence and no one seems ready to answer. Are they scared of Dasho or no one has the slightest idea what it is? Suddenly, a Ngalop man sitting in the last bench, for whom Dasho is hardly visible, stood up. With his head bowed low, he answers, “The three tsa-wa-sum are Ngalops, Sharchops and Lhotsampas”. “This is because they are the three race in Bhutan” Dasho went into bout of annoyance but before he fired the man, another Lhotsampa (Southern Bhutanese Man) supplemented, “the three tsa-wa-sum are Royal Bhutan Army (RBA) Royal B